writes "For everybody out there who has been waiting for Enlightenment 0.17 or been thinking what alternatives are there to Gnome/GTK and KDE/QT this is an important day for you. The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL) today have an (albeit pre) release named Asparagus. From the E site: 'We are pleased to announce the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries Preview Release, codenamed "Asparagus"! After years of work, we've come to a place where it is time to start opening these powerful tools to the wider world to use.'
Read more for more information.
Libraries included in todays release are:
- ecore-1.0.0_pre7 (loops, timers, X, evas and config abstraction)
- edb-1.0.5 (database library)
- edje-0.5.0 (powerful theming library)
- eet-0.9.9 (theme compression format)
- embryo-0.9.0 (embeded scriptiong for themes)
- emotion-0.0.1 (DVD / video wrapper for libxine)
- epeg-0.9.0 (super-fast JPEG thumbnailing etc)
- evas-1.0.0_pre13 (canvas library)
- imlib2-1.1.1 (image manipulation)
- imlib2_loaders-1.1.1 (image loaders)
Get your browsers pointed to sourceforge for a copy and see what EFL can do for you!